I went into the office for a few hours today. Granted, about half of that time was lunch... Our new Jewish Student Life Coordinator started work today. She seems really nice. I feel sort of bad, I have most of the control in this situation-- at lunch, we divvied up responsibilities. The conversation went something like this:
Me: I want to do this, this, and this. And I don't want to do this.
JSLC: oh, ok, I'll do this.
Supervisor: Who wants to do this task?
Me: Not me.
I feel better about how busy I'll be next semester. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that I'll have some help schlepping stuff around (and that's a good part of my job). And it felt nice to take some control and really be able to shape how my time will be spent. I'll start back up, full time, on Monday. I'll have a little bit of a slow week, just getting settled back in and whatnot, and then things will pick up like craaazy.
I'm feeling really unsettled right now. Even though I've been thinking about next semester, I feel like I really have a foot out the door. Like, I can't wait until this is all over. Granted, some of my experiences here have been gratifying, and it feels genuinely good to know that some of my programs are successful and maybe even have some impact (keep dreaming, you dreamer). However, I generally feel completely and totally unappreciated.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello, HillelLady! I like that you are incorporating this nickname into your blog hahaha.... Anyway, I am going to link you from my blog(s)! (I have an art blog and another one I used to use for when I was also working at a synagogue, but I am thinking of starting it up again as just a general Jewish-journey kind of place).
Welcome back to the blogosphere! I'm psyched I'm not the only one now (regularly) posting to a blog and I'm also psyched to hear more regular updates on your life. Miss you tons!!
Post a Comment